Search This Blog

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Shon's Take - Taco Tour Stop #27 - Taco Grande - 21st and Amidon

You should never, EVER, joke about tacos. That's the lesson from this week's visit to Taco Grande. As we texted back and forth trying to decide where to go, Travis suggested TG's. Of course the night before we actually go, he tells me that he was "half joking about it, I just suggested it because it was on the list." Well, too late.... and unfortunately too late for our stomachs as well.


Taco Grande is located in a strip center just west of 21st St N and Amidon. The place is your typical fast food taco joint, so I can't say I was excited to come here to begin with. Seems like all of the fast food joints are just crap anyway, although Travis for some odd reason really likes Taco Bell and Taco Shop. Meh. Anyway, I went in and ordered at the counter and got a chicken soft taco, ground beef soft taco, and a "Funny Taco" for a grand total of $8.25. So already, I'm perturbed that we're not at dollar taco day at Las Mananitas, but.... whatever.


Food came out in a short time and I started with the ground beef. It was your typical fast food taco - cheap ground beef in a soft shell with lettuce and cheese. That being said, it was an average and mostly edible taco as far as fast food tacos go. Next up was the chicken, and I gotta say - avoid it. I mean, I've eaten the brain taco at Raymundo's and this one I didn't finish. The chicken just had a weird texture to it - the rubbery fake chicken-ness of it, made it feel like it wasn't cooked all the way even though the color would indicate that it was. Lastly was the Funny Taco, which was a soft shell with nacho cheese and a hard shell ground beef taco inside it. Since this was basically the same as the first taco (just wrapped up in a soft shell) it was similarly mediocre.


Summary - meh. I mean really, even if I actually had a craving for cheap fast food tacos (which I normally don't) I'd go to Taco Shop before I come back to TG. That combined with it's mostly out of the way location (compared to where I normally am in town) means this will probably be the last time I set foot in there. My overall ratings on the 5 Taco Scale are below.


Food Quality - 1.5 Tacos
Price - $
Value - 2.0 Tacos
Cleanliness - 3.0 Tacos
Service - 2.5 Tacos
Overall Experience - 1.0 Tacos
Likelihood to Return - 0.0 Tacos 

No comments:

Post a Comment