Search This Blog

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Travis - Taco Tour stop #27 - Taco Grande - 2315 W 21st

Soooo, this stop is on our list but it was also sort of a half-joke from the night before.  Dummies #1 and #2 weren't suggesting anything, so I just popped off with this - and was taken seriously.  (Lesson in sarcasm).  So we found ourselves at Taco Grande this week - and spoiler alert, the only thing "grande" was the size of the disappointment.

Since I'm kind of not in the mood to drag this out for a place I'll likely never come back to, I'll make this a cliff notes sized review and spare you my rambling...

I ordered 3 tacos and nachos with cheese.  This is a fast food joint, so these are not traditional tacos - they're fast food tacos (and they're not very good).


The funny taco was first - it's a soft taco around a hard shell taco (with cheese between). Has meat, cheese, lettuce, and maybe other stuff I don't remember. It's a fast food taco - and it tastes like one. It wasn't horrible - but that's all I can muster. It did have a slight hint of spice in the cheese.

A regular taco was next - hard shell ground beef. And that's what it tasted like. A hard shell ground beef fast food taco. I put some salsa on it, but I got the hot and "extra hot" confused - so I poured one on. It didn't seem "extra hot" but who knows. I don't know what I ended up with. The taco wasn't bad. Again, that's all I can muster.

The chicken taco was last - and I didn't eat past the first bite. It's filled with those chicken strips that you buy frozen at the grocery store. Pre-cooked - normally like I'd put on a home cooked quesadilla. They sucked. Seriously. It didn't taste like it was fully cooked (even though I think it was). Horrible after taste - I couldn't eat past the first bite.  I looked at Shon when he took his bite and he gave the same look I did - like something was wrong.  We didn't want to risk it, so none of us finished that taco.

The highlight of the stop was the "nachos". I say "nachos" because that's how they presented them: "nachos" (quotes and everything). I still can't figure out why - but we laughed about that most of the stay.  They weren't awesome - in fact they were just barely "good".

Overall, don't bother. Really. It's not good - and if I can't tell if the food is fully cooked, there's no reason to go again...  Sadly, this is probably a place I would have "recommended" to get tacos before this year because I was more of a fast-food taco eater. Frankly, I can't see why people recommend this place - especially when you can get so much better quality and taste elsewhere for basically the same price.  I spent $9.31 for 3 lame tacos and "nachos".  Psh.  Fool me once...

Out of 5 tacos....eh, do you even care at this point? Here are my ratings:

Food Taste:
Value:
Cleanliness:
Service:
Overall:
Likelihood to return:

No comments:

Post a Comment