Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Taco Grando is no bueno

Today we went to Taco Grande. Let me start by saying that this is another one of those places I have driven by a million times without stopping inside. 

Upon arriving, on time, I discovered that this is a fast food restaurant. I reviewed the menu and ordered 5 tacos. 

I started with the chicken taco and it immediately revealed what I was in for. FAST FOOD. And not good fast food. The chicken was that same garbage, pre cooked chicken chunks that you can buy at Walmart. It tastes rubbery and I refuse to finish it. 

The "funny taco" is a knock off of Taco Bell's double decker taco, except worse. The crunchy shell is stale and the taco is totally underwhelming. 

Next was the standard crunchy beef taco, with their special twist, a stale shell. The beef is lacking in flavor and there is really nothing positive to say about it. 

I tried the "taco lite" which is a friedish flour taco shell with meat and sour cream in it. Guess what it comes with as standard equipment...stale shell!

I FOUND A FRESH SHELL, but it's a soft taco. The meat is still lacking flavor but this was the best do the crappy tacos I ate today. 

I won't be back. I regret spending $12 on these tacos when Tacos Raymundo is about a half mile up the road. 

To the owner, if you happen to read this, get good at something on your menu. Pick an item and perfect it. Stop trying to fancy up your tacos until you get your crunchy taco figured out. 


I won't even bother rating this place with tacos. I give them 💩 for a rating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment