Search This Blog

Friday, January 26, 2018

Shon's Take - Taco Tour Stop #44 - Gaga's Grub Food Truck

Ok, I admit... I'm a little behind on this one. But honestly, it's not going to affect my review. The tacos were pretty darn tasty and I remember them well! So let's just get into them, shall we?


First of all, I don't know whose idea it was to go to a taco truck in the middle of winter, (actually I do know, it was Chris. Of course.), yet despite the slight chill this was a stop definitely worth finding. You'll need to go to Gaga's Facebook page to find out where they are on any given day. When I arrived, Thing 1 and Thing 2 were already face deep into their taco plates. I got a glance of the menu and there's a lot to take in, especially when it comes to salsa choices. Only downer: just two meat choices. Chicken and pulled pork. But the owner, Dustin, does a great job with both. I decided on the 3 taco plate, which was a pretty good deal for only $8.00. I went with two chicken and 1 pork taco and decided to try the roasted poblano and mango chili salsas.


If you're looking for a quick lunch stop, this truck is ideal. Everything is already cooked and ready to go, the owner just has to put the tacos together with your salsa and topping choices. I received my plate in just a couple of minutes, and they looked awesome. No shortage of meat here at all, and all of it was very tasty. A nice flavor that wasn't too overpowering and went with my salsa choices perfectly. I especially enjoyed the mango chili which had a nice sweet/spicy combo. When I was finished with my tacos I was pleasantly surprised to find I had some bonus bites from all the extra meat that fell out. I grabbed a fork and polished it off in quick order!


Overall, I was very happy with this find. I'm looking forward to going again and making new combos of toppings and salsas in the future. My overall rankings on the 5 Taco Scale are below.


Food Quality - 4.0 Tacos
Price - $
Value - 4.0 Tacos
Cleanliness - ? I didn't inspect the guys truck so I guess I'll leave it with a question mark. :-)
Service - 4.0 Tacos
Overall Experience - 4.0 Tacos
Likelihood to Return - 5.0 Tacos

1 comment:

  1. Man, what an awesome story. I'm so glad you all did this and found that we have some awesome under-the-radar Mexican in Wichita. I think a trip to the mecca of tacos, Mexico City, is in your future! I've been several times, and it's amazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH3qpXGVIrY

    ReplyDelete