Search This Blog

Monday, September 25, 2017

Taco Fajita...

Today we are visiting Taco Fajita. It is one of those tiny hole in the wall places right at the corner of McCormick and Meridian. 

When I walked in, the first thing I noticed was the smell. There is something funky in here but I am not sure what it is. The second thing I noticed was that I am the only person here. 

I took a look at the menu and their tacos are $1!!!!!! There are 6 meats available. They have Asada, Chorizo, Al Pastor, Pollo, Suadero which is a special seasoned beef and Choriqueso which is some sausage and cheese taco. 

I went ahead and ordered one of each taco and a pineapple Jarritos. 

Now, within 10 minutes of my comment about this being empty, there is only one table that is sitting empty. This place got busy, quick. 

I finally realize what is making the stink...it's the fish tank in the corner. But the smell is gone now that the delicious smells of taco are present. 

The service is extremely slow. There was one person order before me but somehow there was an entire table of folks that ordered 5 minutes after I did that got their food first...

It took 23 minutes for my tacos to arrive. 

Now my main question is, are these tacos worth the wait? 

I really didn't pay too much attention to which tacos I grabbed as I devoured them. They had a nice amount of meat which was pretty tender, with the exception being the Chorizo which is hard to keep from being a little crispy. 

The flavor on all the tacos was amazing. They were definitely worth the wait. 

They were so delicious that I decided to go for a second round. When I ordered the second round, the gal at the counter apologized for the long wait and explained that they had several large orders called in just before I ordered. 

My second order arrived within 5 minutes and was absolutely delicious. 


These tacos were definitely worth the wait. They were even better without the wait. Delicious food and awesome prices. I will be back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment