Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Yea...nope

Today's review finds us at Rostizeria Los Reyes (RLR). This is a scary looking restaurant near 21st and Arkansas. 

I was the first to arrive and I was immediately alarmed as I was the only customer in the place...at 12:30. This is not a promising sign for a Mexican restaurant on the north side. 

After some serious communication issues, I ordered one Al Pastor and one Carne Asada taco. 

When the food arrived a few minutes later, my plate had beans and rice that I didn't order, a $2 up charge that I won't be paying for. When I pointed this out, she took my entire plate back to take the beans and rice... 

I finally took a bite of the Carne Asada taco and the meat actually had pretty decent flavor to it. After a squirt of like, it was pretty decent. 

My Al Pastor was a different story. The red sauce that they use is pretty nasty. It is overly peppered and just not good. 

As a group, we decided that they must buy the cheapest meat possible as there were fatty chunks/bone in each taco. 

We would stay and try another taco or two but we don't have much confidence in this place...

Not going to implement my ratings because this place is irrelevant. Casa Del Charro and Las Mananitas are both within a quarter mile of here. Both are much better options for the area. 


No comments:

Post a Comment