Search This Blog

Saturday, May 18, 2019

West side tacos at Puerta Vallarta

Today I stopped and snagged lunch at Puerta Vallarta. They are in the old Charlie’s Pizza Taco location at Central and Tyler. 

The other goofballs came a few weeks back but have been awful about getting their review up. I had. A few free minutes and made the stop. 

As I was liked through the door, I was immediately greeted and told to sit anywhere. I found a nice comfy booty and she had the menu, chips, salsa and beans out within seconds. 

I order the a Mountain Dew and the 4 taco appetizer and enjoyed some chips, salsa and beans while I waited. 

When my tacos arrived, only a couple minutes after ordering, I was blown away by how much meat was on each taco. 

I started with the seafood taco which was full of flavor. The mango was strong but not overpowering. 

The carnitas was very tender and juicy. It is easy for huge globs of fat yo end up in carnitas but that was not the case here. This was a very tasty taco!

 Next comes the chicken. There a ton of meat on the taco and it was well cooked, very tender and tasty. With a squeeze of lime and a bit of the salsa onboard, this was absolutely delicious. 

Last came the steak. The meat was tender and plentiful. Each bit was quite tasty. The ONLY problem I encountered while at Puerta Vallarta was the steak taco has some funky underlying aftertaste. I am not sure what caused it but it was difficult to get past. It was strange as this was the only taco I experienced this with. 

I am unsure what the deal with the steak was but everything else was on point. The service was excellent. The other tacos were fantastic and the price was certainly reasonable. It ran me $12.87 for 4 tacos, chips, salsa, beans and a Mountain Dew. 

I will definitely be back for another round and you should give it a try to. The west side seems to be lacking tacos unless you feel like dealing with New Market Square so this is a nice new option. 

No comments:

Post a Comment