Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Taco Tour Stop #3 - Taco's Raymundo! 1716 W 21st St.

This week, our tour of tacos takes us to Taco's Raymundo! < Click that link for their FB

Apparently 11:30 doesn't really mean 11:30 with tweedle dumb and tweedle dumber. I arrived promptly at 11:31 and the other bozos were still "15 min away".

So here I sit, outside, staring at dead trees, an abandoned & overturned shopping cart, and the grand winter scenery of the Little Arkansas River in front of me (sarcasm warning). Oh well, at least it's two-for-Tuesday on The Fox and I had some back-to-back Bad Company and Styx to jam to.
The place is definitely not exciting from the outside - especially the one boarded up window. Only a couple cars in the lot. I'm already skeptical. If this sucks, we are tracking down Jake!

The dufus twins arrived nearly simultaneously at 1150.  We walk in and greeted with a smile and told to take a seat. But the 2 guys behind us ordered at the counter. I'm already confused and we haven't been helped yet.  I guess they were take-out or something.

OK chips and a heated hot sauce and a mild sauce are placed on the table. They have Pepsi but no Mountain Dew... What. In. The. World. Fine, Dr Pepper. Jeez.  (Strikes are counting up at this point).

Shon just ordered a brain taco. I'm not sure I can even continue this review. I'm traumatized and we haven't even gotten our food yet. He also ordered beef cheek - which apparently is from, yep, the cheek of a cow.  Sick.  

I ordered the Mexican Trio with a ground beef, beef steak, and a chicken taco.  Food arrived quickly and looked great!


Everything turned out quite good. I'm definitely happy. The chicken taco was tasty even though the chicken was a little bit chewy. Not enough to warrant a complaint though. The ground beef taco was fine. It was a little bland but that's what I expected here for a traditional restaurant. The beef steak was quite tasty and definitely my favorite. I'd get those again for sure. The tacos were double wrapped in a small flour tortilla with meat, cilantro, and onion. The plate also included rice that was tender and cooked right. A side of sauteed onions were a nice surprise and added a great flavor when thrown in the tacos. Everything was messy and falling on the plate and the onions also made a yummy fork meal when mixed with everything that fell off. Overall I'm definitely pleased with Raymundo!

The first impression is sketchy due to the decor and slightly low-buck atmosphere, but what they lack in decor they make up for in taste and selection!  The chips and salsa were yummy - especially the hot sauce if you scoop up the onion and jalepeno with the "broth-like" sauce.  A new experience but definitely yummy.  
Overall it's a good place for traditional Mexican food and the menu has a very broad selection of items that you would and would not expect.  I can definitely see going back here in the future.  My plate of food and drink refills filled me up and I paid about $12 with tip. Not a GREAT value, but not bad since the taste was good.



Out of 5 tacos, here's my ratings:

Food Taste:
Value:
Cleanliness:
Service: 
Overall: 
Likelihood to return: 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you even stay at the same table with that brain eater?!?
    Your stomach is def stronger than mine.
    SICK!

    ReplyDelete