Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Chicos or ChicNos?

Today's stop brings us to Chico's Restaurant on W Maple. It has a nice, tacoey feel on the outside.

They seated us immediately. Within 30 seconds the waitress had taken our drink order AND delivered fresh, hot chips to our table with salsa.

The taco menu was small but appeared to be pretty good. I ordered a beef, el pastor, chicken and chorizo tacos. The waitress decided which shells they would be as she is the taco expert while I am still in training.

My food came out and looked delicious. They surprised me with rice and beans on the side.

I started with the el pastor taco on corn shell it was absolutely delicious. The meat was moist and had a great texture.

The ground beef is nothing to write home about. Just ground beef in a shell with some cheese on top. Lacking in flavor.

Chorizo was a little on the greasy side but it had a nice spice to it. Not a huge fan of drippy tacos but the more I ate of the chorizo, the more I like it. The taste and texture was awesome.

The chicken taco had no flavor. By no flavor I don't mean it had a little flavor, I mean I tasted like they forgot to add the seasoning when cooked it.

The other yahoos had issues with their order but the waitress must have liked me because my tacos came out perfect!

Our waitress was personable and she took pretty good care of us. She checked with us often to make sure we were happy and had plenty to drink.

In short, I really liked the el pastor and chorizo. I really didn't like the chicken and was so-so about the beef. I left extremely full but again managed to spent too much money on tacos. Next time I come (and I certainly would come back) I will only order 3 tacos.

Service- 🌮🌮🌮🌮
Quality of food- 🌮🌮🌮
Amount of meat inside each taco- 🌮🌮🌮🌮
Overall value- 🌮🌮🌮
Overall experience- 🌮🌮🌮


No comments:

Post a Comment