Search This Blog

Friday, September 28, 2018

Travis - Taco Tour stop #65 - Restaurante delicias - 2117 E Central

You've heard us say it before and I'm sure it will be said again - restaurant turnover is inevitable in Wichita. Mexican restaurants are not immune either!  This week we visited a familiar location with a new name and owner... Restaurante Delicias has opened up in the spot that used to be...um...something else.  It was the place that left me standing at the counter for over 5 minutes without even acknowledging my existence. (Did I mention turnover?) Oh yeah, the old El Pollo Dorado El Carbon! (Wasn't memorable - did you catch that?)

Anyway, hoping that it's not a location issue, we ventured over here to check them out and without spoiling it, it was much better!

It's set up just like it was before. You order at the counter and then take a seat and wait for your order to be called out to you.  Complimentary chips and salsa were waiting for me (Chris beat me there).  Unfortunately the chips were slightly stale. They have both a green and a red sauce and the red is pretty darn hot.  Definitely not for the faint of heart!

The tacos came out and they were very hot in temperature! Yay!  Always happy to get hot food - sometimes tacos (since they are open) will come out cool or be cool by the time we're done eating them.  This was not the case today.

They were out of something - I think it was barbacoa but now I can't recall.  But starting with the pollo, it had plenty of meat. Even though it was just slightly dry, it still had a nice taste. Just barely chewy but overall a good taco that I enjoyed.

The carne asada was next and it had a good steak flavor to it.  Again, just a tad chewy but the flavor really made up for it in this case.  I really liked this taco.

The al pastor was next and it came out with the nice red color you want to see.  The flavor was bold and good - just like I was hoping for! Again, just a little bit chewy but nothing worth complaining about.

The service this time was much better too. Overall, in spite of a tiny bit of chewy meat, I enjoyed this stop.  The location is slightly inconvenient for me, but I'd still say it's worth checking out sometime - especially if you like hole-in-the-wall joints.  This one won't win any awards for presentation, but they do make some good tacos.

Out of 5 tacos, here are my ratings:

Food Taste:
Value:
Cleanliness:
Service:
Overall:
Likelihood to return:

No comments:

Post a Comment