Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

To go or not to go to Goyo’s

Today we went to Goyo’s Mexican food based on the recommendation of Ernest from Pollo Express. I figure that if Ernesto says it is good, it is likely very good. 

I reviewed their menu and ordered 5 of the 6 tacos they offer. 

When my tacos arrived, total disappointment set in. I dislike raw onion so I order my tacos without raw onion. What I didn’t realize, and they didn’t disclose, is they put guacamole on each of their tacos. 

Before we get into the specifics of my review, I have a rant to go on. Guacamole does NOT belong on a taco. It just doesn’t. As a rule of thumb, the places that put guacamole on tacos seem to have terrible meat and the guac is there to cover up the lack of flavor.  End rant. Now on to the tacos.

The ground beef on their crunchy shell was ok. The meat was fairly bland but it was tender and there was tons of meat on it. The crunchy shell was extremely fresh and delicious, the meat was just lacking a little. 

The adobada was next on the list. The meat was super tender and had tons of flavorful meat. 

Next up was the carnitas. It was very well cooked, tender and not overly squirty, like most carnitas tacos. It was quite delicious and I considered ordering another. 

The asada was nicely seasoned, nice amount of meat and it was fantastic and tender. 

The grilled chicken was delicious. There was tons of meat and tons of flavor. I think this was their best taco. 

In short, I will likely return for their tacos, just without guacamole. I knew Ernesto wouldn’t send us somewhere terrible but when his restaurant is the measuring stick, it is extremely difficult for anyone to keep up. If you are in Park City, stop by and give them a try. 


No comments:

Post a Comment