Search This Blog

Friday, December 1, 2017

Travis - Taco Tour stop #39 - Goyo's Mexican Fast Food - 5355 N Broadway (Park City)

We were going to try Goyo's last week but the Thanksgiving holiday didn't let us get out for our regular tour.  So this week we did make it to Goyo's Mexican Fast Food up on N Broadway. Shon had to remind me this was a place that came recommended to us by Ernesto at Pollo Express.  So when our reigning champ recommends a taco place, it must be good!  The place is obviously under some exterior remodel right now, but we try not to let curb appeal deter us.

It's definitely set up like a fast food joint - the counter is immediately inside the door and you order there from a menu overhead. The service is polite and quick though and we took our seats with some very tasty chips and salsa that Shon ordered.

There are 6 tacos on the menu, but I opted for 4: ground beef, carne asada, carnitas, and adobada.  Something to note here is that you can have your choice of shells. Soft, hard, flour, corn, etc.  Also, it sounds like the tacos come with guacamole on them by default - and I'm glad I asked as that's something I don't want.


The tacos came delivered to our table in reasonable time so I went for the ground beef first.  It's a fairly typical ground beef - lettuce, cheese, meat.  I decided on a soft shell for this one just to be different.  The lettuce tasted a little eh - maybe not as fresh as it could have been or just cheap or something.  But overall this taco was decent. Juicy and definitely not as bland as other plain ground beef tacos we've had.

The asada was next and it had a nice steak flavor and was juicy.  There was a small hint of seasoning on the meat which made it appealing.  There was enough meat to make this an enjoyable taco - overall a pretty good asada for our tour standards.

The carnitas looked really good and I was excited for this one.  I wasn't disappointed - however it's definitely no comparison to Pollo Express carnitas.  Having said that, it's still good - tender meat, and plenty of it. Juicy, good flavor, etc.  I like this one also.

Last was the adobada and out of all that I had, probably my least favorite. It was still a good taco, but it was a little more chewy with a few fatty parts.  It was good - a nice flavor.  I think if you like this style of meat, you'll probably enjoy this taco.  It did leave a pretty strong aftertaste for a few hours aftewards though.  I think we'll likely be back here sometime, but I probably won't get this one again.

Overall, Ernesto didn't steer us wrong. This was a good stop and I'm sure we'll be back.  They have 2 different chicken tacos I want to try.  The service was very polite and engaging - not something you'd typically see at "fast food".  The value was good here also as my ticket was $8ish for 4 tacos and water.  Right now, this place is hanging out in my top 10, but maybe not quite in the top 5 - so I'd definitely say you should check them out!

Out of 5 tacos, here are my ratings:

Food Taste:
Value:
Cleanliness:
Service:
Overall:
Likelihood to return:

No comments:

Post a Comment