Search This Blog

Friday, December 1, 2017

Shon's Take - Taco Tour Stop #39 - Goyo's Mexican Fast Food - 53rd St N and Broadway

Well, after last week's holiday hiatus, (stuffing our faces with turkey and pie, instead of tacos for once) we're back at it again, this time going to a recommendation that we actually got from our pal Ernesto over at Pollo Express - Goyo's Mexican Fast Food.


Goyo's is located in a stand alone building on the southwest corner of 53rd St N and Broadway in Park City. Which for me, is a little out of the way from my normal stomping grounds, so these tacos better be worth the drive. Just a quick note if you go - the parking here is cramped and limited. So you don't wanna be rolling through in your huge work truck or RV. On the plus side, they do have a drive thru and I noticed that they seemed to be doing a pretty steady business both inside and out. All of that, combined with the aroma, gave me a good vibe when I walked in. The counter is immediately inside the door and you order and sit, just like a typical fast food joint. I decided to go with 4 tacos: grilled chicken, adobada, asada, and carnitas. Chips and salsa cost extra here. But, I wanted to try them so I went with an order of those as well.


The lady working the front counter handed me the chips immediately and I was pleasantly surprised that we got a decent sized basket. The chips were pretty fresh and the salsa was tasty. More on the almost-sweet side and tomato-y, as opposed to a lot of the spicy salsas we've had lately. My tacos were out in 5 minutes (if even that), garnished with cilantro, raw onion, and guacamole, with salsas and lime on the side. You can pick between hard and soft, corn and flour shells here which is nice for those of you who like options. I went with soft flour for all 4. All four tacos were well filled with plenty of lightly seasoned, tender meat. I think my only knock is that the seasoning IS pretty subtle, so having the guac on top kinda covered up the flavor a bit. The adobada was probably the most flavorful, had a nice peppery seasoning to it that stood out a little more than the other three, even over the guac. The guys mentioned getting a spot or two of "chunky meat" but apparently I lucked out as I had no such issues with any of my tacos.


Overall, I was pretty pleased with this stop. Ernie definitely sent us to a quality place (though Pollo Express is still tops by a good margin). But variety is the spice of life. And of tacos. My overall ratings on the 5 Taco Scale are below.


Food Quality - 4.0 Tacos
Price - $
Value - 3.5 Tacos
Cleanliness - 3.5 Tacos
Service - 4.0 Tacos
Overall Experience - 4.0 Tacos
Likelihood to Return - 4.0 Tacos

No comments:

Post a Comment