Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

El Fogon sucks. Here’s why

This week we are back at Taqueria El Fogon. 

The last time we were here we ran into several issues that sent us home with a far from amazing experience. I was so bummed by the visit that I didn’t even bother with a review. We had less than fantastic food and service. 

Somehow, the fogon fanboys have us back here because they just won’t shut up about this place. 

Instead of writing a review, I am going to make a list of reasons that this place sucks. I hate writing from a position of negativity but here goes:

  1. The entrance does not look like an entrance. 
  2. The restaurant is extremely dark as most of the lights are burnt out. 
  3. The place is an electrical fire waiting to happen. There are extension cords running all over the place.  
  4. The ceiling is sagging and has nasty dark spots on it. At some point, it is going to land in somebody’s food. 
  5. I bought my 4 year old daughter a bottle of Jarritos. They don’t have small cups to pour it into and the straws will fall all the way into the glass. 
  6. They don’t know if they want to take orders at the tables or at the counter so there is confusion on who has ordered and who has not. 
  7. What sort of Mexican restaurant does not have chips and salsa? Hell, what restaurant does not have chips and salsa? 
  8. The taco shells are extremely small. For $1.75, there should be more taco. There are better places, with similar size shells, for $1 every day. 
  9. The carnitas had quite a bit of meat on it, unfortunately, it was cold. 
  10. The al pastor tasted funny. They are usually my favorite tacos but not something I would order again. 
  11. The meat on the al pastor was not warm 
  12. The cheese quesadilla I ordered for my daughter was half filled with flavorless goop. The rest of the quesadilla was empty. I am not sure which half was better. 
  13. The carne asada was not warm. 
  14. The barbacoa was not warm. 
  15. They do not accept modern payment methods. Come on guys, it’s 2018, get with it. 

The only highlight of this place was that the barbacoa had pretty decent flavor. That’s it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment