Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Getting this started!

Today we reviewed Taco Rio at 1122 W Douglas. They have been around for quite a while. I figured this would be a great starting place as I have eaten here on a regular basis and know about what to expect here. So here we go.

Shon does not own a clock so he was late as usual. I ordered him a few tacos that I selected at random and ordered myself 3 delicious sounding tacos to start with. A crunchy corn chicken taco, a fried flour meat taco and a soft chicken taco.

It took them about 4 minutes to create our tacos and call our number. After selecting both the hot and mild salsa, I went to town on my tacos.

First, I dove into a fried flour meat taco was entirely full of meat and cheese. It was crunchy and the shell didn't fall apart on the first bite. Pretty much what I think of when I think of yummy tacos.

Next was the corn chicken taco was surprisingly delicious. It had great flavor but the shell was pretty mediocre.

The chicken soft taco was underwhelming. I couldn't put my finger on the issue but it just lacked the same deliciousness that the crunchy tacos possessed.

Round 2 was a taco burger. It was nothing out of the ordinary. Just a regular hamburger bun with taco meat and cheese in the middle. Yummy but not delicious.

The crunchy tacos made this worth the visit. The service was good and the price was ok. I would do this again but skip the soft tacos. $14.34 seemed a bit steep for 6 tacos but this is the first stop on this tour so maybe I am just used to less expensive tacos...


Rating on a scale of 1-5, 5 being highest:

Service- 5
Quality of food- 4
Amount of meat inside each taco- 5
Overall value- 3.5
Overall experience- 4.25

No comments:

Post a Comment