Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Los Cocnos

Shon and I visited Los Cocos in derby last Friday. I stared with the ground beef taco. There was TONS of flavorful, tender meat. With a little squeeze of lime, it was pretty darn good. 

Then I devoured my chicken taco. It was good and had a lot of meat on it but not as wonderful as the beef. 

Then the main event arrived. My fish, shrimp and combo chicken/steak taco came out lined up beautifully. 

The fish actually looked like grilled chicken. 

The shrimp wasn't bad but there was nothing special about it. 

The combo steak and chicken was 100% underwhelming. Maybe it could have been that I was totally stuffed when I got to it but there was no flavor. None. Not even a little. 

After reviewing the Derby location, I said that I will be back but it will be for fish and the ground beef tacos. 

Begin the second review at the west Wichita location on North Tyler. 

I could spend a bunch of time telling you about each individual taco and how it broke down but the moral of the story has all of the tacos there sucked except for the fish taco. 

We just didn't have a great experience and the tacos didn't overcome it. It's not that the service was bad but there was nothing special about this place.

After reviewing the two locations, if I was to return to either location, it would definitely be the Derby location. 

Service- 🌮🌮🌮
Quality of food- 🌮🌮
Amount of meat on each taco- 🌮🌮🌮🌮
Overall value- 🌮🌮🌮

Overall experience- 🌮🌮🌮

No comments:

Post a Comment