Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Ruben, you have some work to do.

We decided to hit Rubens Mexican Grill today. 

I ordered 4 tacos at $3 each, a carne asada, fried ground been, fish and shrimp. 

I started with the carne asada taco. It came out on an 8 inch shell but for the mean on it, they could have used a 4-5 inch shell. The meat was a little over cooked and lacking in flavor. 

Then the fried beef taco came out. It was well cooked but I thought it was lacking in flavor. Even after adding lime and salsa, it just wasn't delicious. 

My fish taco was next. The tilapia was well cooked and there was a fair amount of fish on the oversized shell. 

The shrimp taco only had 3 shrimp on it but it was the clear winner out of the bunch. 

Overall, the highlight of the meal was the warm chips and salsa. IF I was to come back, it would be for chips and salsa, fish and shrimp tacos. But with Los Pinos up the street, I likely won't be back. 

Update, they decided they wanted four dollars for two of these tacos. I never met a taco worth four dollars in my life. 

Service- 🌮🌮
Quality of food- 🌮🌮
Amount of meat on each taco- 🌮🌮🌮
Overall value- 🌮

Overall experience- 🌮🌮

No comments:

Post a Comment