Search This Blog

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Taco Tour stop #18 - Taco Pronto - 7333 W Central

Well, I'm not entirely sure how we ended up here, but this week we went to Taco Pronto. I was thinking we were saving some of the fast food joints for later, or to round them up into one combined review.  But whatever, our planning sucks - so that's where we landed...

The place looks like a nicer version of Taco Shop - decor on the walls, clean, and it was quiet when we got there at 1145 but it definitely picked up at noon and past.  Plenty of room for us and the service is fairly quick.  They have a few different tacos to pick from so I selected a regular fried corn ground beef, a fried flour ground beef, and a "taco combo" - which is sort of like a double-decker from Taco Bell (hard shell with the stuffings, then a layer of beans, and a soft shell around it).  Hot sauce on all of them.



The tacos arrived within a reasonable time - enough to keep this in the "fast food" category especially with the counter ordering and pickup and wrapped in paper on a serving tray.

I started with the fried corn taco - this is a pretty basic "fast food" taco and is probably in-line with most other ground beef fast food tacos you will encounter.  Nothing special.  Not bad, not great, edible.  Ingredients tasted fresh and I have no complaints.

The fried flour taco was next - and it literally crumbled as soon as I picked it up.  It was a pain to eat, but honestly it tasted pretty good.  The shell tasted fresh as did the other ingredients.  Probably above average for a fast food taco taste.  Honestly if I go back, I'll definitely have another one - even though it's kind of annoying to eat it in pieces.

Last (and least) I ate the "taco combo".  Honestly, meh.  If you like beans, you'll probably enjoy this one. I don't and I didn't.  I ate it, but I wouldn't do it again simply because of the beans.

One big plus about this place is the ice.  I would probably called it "shaved" ice - definitely crunchy and easy to "eat" with your drink.  They serve it from behind the counter - otherwise I'd probably have gone back for a lot more of it. :-)  Too bad they have Coke products!

Overall, I wouldn't rush right out to Taco Pronto - but if you're in a hurry or in the mood for fast food tacos, they're definitely acceptable.  I'd probably put them slightly above Taco Shop as far as quality, service, and atmosphere.  I'll still frequent Taco Shop because I'm pretty loyal - but I'd like to stop here again and try their chips and a few other things.

Out of 5 tacos (on the fast food curve), here are my ratings:
Food Taste:
Value:
Cleanliness:
Service:
Overall:
Likelihood to return:

No comments:

Post a Comment