Search This Blog

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Alondra’s Tacos...3 weeks late

We stopped at Alondra’s Tacos about 3 weeks ago. I just haven’t posted my review until today. 

This weeks stop was a total mess. The other two yahoos sent us to one place that was closed and another place that didn’t take modern forms of payment, then to this place. Guess what, they don’t take plastic either. 

They had a handful of tacos on the menu, I ordered four and let Shon pay, since he had the cash. 

The first taco I dove into was the chicken. When it was delivered to the table, it was the first one I noticed. It was likely due to the orange color. The taco had plenty of meat (for a tiny taco) on it which was tender and delicious. 

Next was the carnitas. Carnitas can be delicious...carnitas can be awful. This fell somewhere in between. The meat was chewy and greasy at the same time. Each bite taken sent grease squirting.  

When I got to my al Pastor taco, I thought it may actually stand a chance at being delicious. It looked fantastic. I was wrong. The meat was extremely chewy. It was flavorful but the chewiness distracted from any of the positive attributes this taco had. 

Last came the carne asada. There was quite a bit of meat but it was chewy and gristley at the same time. There was a serious texture issue with the asada that made it less than fantastic. 

Strike one: cash only
Strike two: tiny tacos
Strike three: everything was chewy 


I’m out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment