Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Shon's Take - Taco Tour Stop #42 - Margarita's - Douglas and Hillside

Well, I'm a couple of weeks behind on my reviews. So, I'm going to make this one short and sweet....well... maybe not that sweet. If this one sounds a little irritated, it's because I am. I'm irked that I even have to spend 5 minutes of my time on this one, three weeks after the fact. That should tell you all you need to know.


After our usual back and forth, we finally settled on Margarita's. I've been there a couple of times on the weekend (they have a great house band and it's a fun spot on Saturday nights) but never for lunch. I've never had their tacos, but I kinda remembered the food I DID have there as being okay. Nothing amazing, but decent. Anyway, we started with some chips and salsa. The salsa wasn't bad and was basically the best part of my lunch. After getting a nonsensical explanation about "new style vs old style tacos" from our server (who otherwise did a pretty good job), I ordered three tacos - a tilapia taco, ground beef, and chicken.


The tacos came in a decent amount of time. Basically, the ground beef taco was ok and probably the best of the three. But a little greasy for my taste. That said, my main complaint is that I got gipped on the meat. The chicken was bland. It was tender, but still lacking on the flavor side. The fish taco was almost the opposite - peppery beyond belief. WAY too peppery and spicy. I couldn't taste anything else BUT pepper. Like the beef taco, the fish was way too greasy. If you look at the picture on our Facebook page, you can actually see the grease oozing out of the bottom. Yech.


All of that at $3.00 a taco. I'll come back for the band. Maybe even try the enchiladas if I'm hungry enough. But I'll take a pass on the tacos. My overall ratings on the 5-Taco Scale are below.


Food Quality - 1.5 Tacos
Price - $
Value - 1.5 Tacos
Cleanliness - 3.5 Tacos
Service - 3.5 Tacos
Overall Experience - 2.0 Tacos
Likelihood to Return - 2.0 Tacos

No comments:

Post a Comment