Search This Blog

Friday, January 5, 2018

Cactus Cantina

Today we find ourselves at Cactus Cantina on south Hydraulic. 

I was the first to arrive, as usual. The first things I noticed when I pulled in was the building. It was an awesome stucco finished building. Cool looking building, let’s hope the tacos are delicious. 

Upon being seated, they delivered chips and salsa. The salsa was good but the chips were stale, even though they were heated. 

As usual, both of our senior citizens were late, leaving me with a bowl of stale chips to stare at. 

Their menu shows several options for tacos. I am going the the a la carte tacos. They have street tacos and regular tacos with options like carne asada, al pastor and chicken fajita tacos. 

The chicken had an interesting flavor. It was finely chopped and had a lot of seasoning. It was definitely not the best but a long way from the worst. 

The Al Pastor was tasty. The meat was well cooked, tender and flavorful. They don’t skimp on the meat with their tacos which made this one delicious taco.  

Their beef fried flour had a ton of unidentifiable crap inside. But it was tasty. I should have eaten it sooner as the meat had cooled by the time I ate it. With that said, it was pretty yummy. Of all of the fried flour tacos we have sampled, this was one of the better examples. 

The carne asada was tender but lacking a little in flavor. A big squirt of lime and some of their salsa and it really comes to life. 

Their tacos leave me in a bit of a tough spot. They are good, just not great. The al Pastor is by far the best and I would love to try the fried flour beef when it’s hot. If I found myself in this part of town and craving some al Pastor, I would consider swinging by. 


No comments:

Post a Comment