Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Mr Taco for the win?

A couple weeks back, we finally made it to Mr Taco. This is a tiny building at 25th and Arkansas. There are a few tables outside but no seating inside. Most importantly, they are cash only. 

To order your tacos, you have to go insure the tiny building and speak over the people sitting at the three seats at the bar to place your order. There is a bit of a language barrier. 

We placed our orders and found a seat at the concrete tables. 

When the food arrived roughly 15 minutes later, it looked amazing. Unfortunately, I had to send mine back as they put raw onion on my tacos. I think this was largely due to the language barrier. On the positive side, they only took a couple of minutes to remake my tacos. 

I ordered a total of 4 tacos, barbacoa, carnitas, al pastor and carne asada. They came out looking and smelling absolutely delicious. 

I was starving when my food came out so I didn’t get you details on each taco. The tacos had plenty of meat on them, it was all very tender and nicely cooked. There is not a single complaint that I can come up with about the tacos. 

A member of our party went off topic and ordered a quesadilla. I must say, the quesadilla was absolutely fantastic. The tacos were good, this was amazing. 

I must say, this stop shocked me. I had been to Mr Taco roughly 10 years ago and was totally disappointed. This visit was the polar opposite of what I experienced last time I was there. 


I will most definitely be back. I may have a hard time sticking with the tacos though based on how delicious the quesadilla was. They have certainly found a place in my top 10. It will take at least one more visit to determine where in the top 10 they fit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment