Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

When pigs fly into taco shells...

The other day, Travis was tagged in a Facebook post about a BBQ place on the west side called When Pigs Fly. They had a special for one week which was BBQ brisket tacos. 

So that’s where we went.  Travis and I were on time, Shon was late. We ordered our tacos (they come 3 tacos to an order) and found a seat. 

Before I jump into the tacos, let me start by saying that I have been to WPF on a number of occasions and really like their BBQ. 

Let me get my complaints out of the way first, then get to the positives. 

The shells were extremely stale. Have you ever bought Old El Paso taco shells, eaten a few of them and put the rest in the cabinet then eaten them 6 months later? They were that stale. 

My second and final complaint is that the tacos were overpriced, for tacos. I get that it came with beans (which were delicious) and creamy corn (which I could have done without) but $12 for 3 tacos is steep. 

Ok, I am done griping. The brisket inside was amazing. I love my brisket slathered in BBQ and this was perfect. The meat was super tender and they were not shy about loading the tacos up with brisket. 


In short, they are very good at meat but less awesome at tacos. So if you want tacos, go to a taco place. If you want BBQ, they know their way around that topic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment