Search This Blog

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Casa Martinez

A couple weeks back, we hit Casa Martinez in Derby for some tacos. I arrived on time. While waiting on the other 2 yahoos, I enjoyed some chips and salsa. 

When they FINALLY arrived, we placed our order and I went with the all you can eat ground beef fried flour tacos. I considered the street tacos but for whatever reason, I didn’t like they way they had them packaged with rice and beans for around $12. I wish they had an a la carte option for tacos. 

I had heard about the AYCE tacos here and definitely wanted to give them a shot. I was informed by Enrique that the first order comes with 3 tacos then tacos are ordered individually after that. 

When the tacos arrived, I was surprised at how large they were. I mean these were the biggest fried flour shells I have ever seen. The three tacos will stuffed full of ground beef and cheese. 

After devouring the first taco, I decided to taste the second taco. While the taco is huge and filled with meat and cheese, there was just something missing. The taco was just OK. The meat was very lightly seasoned and I think it was just lacking in flavor. The meat was tender and slightly greasy but let’s face it, it’s a fried flour taco, it’s going to be greasy. Mediocre is the word that comes to mind when it comes when I try to describe the tacos. 

Overall, I liked the place. The chips and salsa were quite tasty, the Mountain Dew was ice cold and delicious. The other guys were telling me that their tacos were fairly tasty so I think I just ordered the wrong thing on this visit. I will try them again at some point but I will be doing the street tacos instead. 


No comments:

Post a Comment