Search This Blog

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Rene’s...sober

Let me start this evening’s review by stating that we, wait, I am 100% sober. I can’t speak on the level of the other yahoos and their sobriety. 

Now that we have that out of the way, we went to Rene’s this evening. I have been to Rene’s more times than I can remember but I usually skip the tacos and go straight for the burritos. 

After checking out the menu, I ordered 4 tacos and found a seat. The thing about Rene’s is that they do their thing. They move at one pace and if that means you wait while they serve the drive thru, then you wait. 

Our tacos took a good while to come out but when they did, they sure looked delicious. They were all LOADED with meat. Apparently when I ordered my tacos, I misunderstood what “Mexican salsa” is. I think that is code for raw onions and tomatoes chopped into huge chunks and tossed on a taco. 

I started with my fish taco. It came smothered in the Mexican salsa stuff, which I pulled off and jumped right in. There was quite a bit of fish but it was heavily breaded but it had pretty good flavor to it. 

My next taco was the carne asada. It was lacking in flavor but the meat was nice and tender. About half way through the taco, the shell split and all of my meat went flying. 

Next came the adobada. It was the same as the carne asada. Lacking in flavor yet very tender. After the first bite, the shell split and left me with a huge, flavorless mess. 

I finally dove into the chicken taco. Again the meat was tender but it did have some flavor to it. Unfortunately, I didn’t even get to pick this taco all the way up before it split 3/4 the length of the taco and left me with a chicken/tortilla/Mexican salsa slop on my plate. 

Overall, this should have been what I expected. The food was mediocre. That’s the nicest thing I have to say about it. I didn’t even finish my chicken taco as I didn’t want to deal with it.  They need to learn how tortillas work as that was the most aggravating thing about the visit. 

I will back to Rene’s soon but it will be for the burritos. 


No comments:

Post a Comment