Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

7 Tacos deep in Las Mananitas

Today's Taco Tour stop brings us to Las Mananitas at 2347 N Arkansas. I arrived first, even though I was late.

As I got out of my car, I noticed that I ran over some Chiclets in the parking lot, a good sign of the authenticiousness I was about to consume.

Upon arriving, I was lost as I walked into what appeared to be a grocery store. I am pleased to be here today as Wednesday is $1 Taco day. The last 2 weeks on this tour have taken a toll on my Taco budget so this is refreshing.

They immediately brought out some obviously homemade tortilla chips and delicious salsa.

After staring at the menu, I ordered a total of 6 Tacos. Carne asada, al pastor, pollo which I understand to be chicken, a la mexicana (I have no idea what that is), barbacoa and a fish Taco.

While waiting on my food, I realized that I forgot to order a desebrada taco. And a Pineapple Jarritos. This needed to be as authentic as possible.

I started with the carne asada taco. The meat was a little over done and dry but the flavor was good.

The al pastor had great flavor, the meat was nice and tender.

The chicken taco was lacking in flavor. It wasn't bad but it was just missing something.

The barbacoa taco was delicious. It took a minute after each bite for the flavor to fully kick in but when it did, dang it was good.

Next was the a la Mexicana. I have no idea what I am eating but it was pretty decent. A little bit of jalapeรฑoey taste.

The desebrada taco tastes like someone put leftover pot roast on a taco. It had some flavor but not a taste that you would associate with tacos.

The fish taco was ok. Nothing special and compared to to some of the other fish tacos I have had, definitely nowhere near the top.

Overall, this place was good but not great. I would come back, IF I didn't have to drive past Taco's Raymundo on the way. The al pastor and barbacoa tacos were the best of the bunch.

Service- ๐ŸŒฎ๐ŸŒฎ๐ŸŒฎ
Quality of food- ๐ŸŒฎ๐ŸŒฎ๐ŸŒฎ
Amount of meat inside each taco- ๐ŸŒฎ๐ŸŒฎ๐ŸŒฎ๐ŸŒฎ
Overall value- ๐ŸŒฎ๐ŸŒฎ๐ŸŒฎ๐ŸŒฎ
Overall experience- ๐ŸŒฎ๐ŸŒฎ๐ŸŒฎ

No comments:

Post a Comment