Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Today's Taco Tour stop finds us at District Taqueria.

Their name comes up non stop while talking to people about our adventure. I am excited to dive into their menu as so many people have raved about this place.

I was so excited that I even looked at the menu ahead of time to see what I was getting myself into.

The menu has a great selection of tacos and much more. The much more doesn't apply as this is a taco tour.

The tacos are $3 each but this looks like it will be one of the more expensive stops since it all looks good.

It tried to avoid ordering one of everything. It didn't work. I ordered pork carnitas, chicken achiote, steak carne asada, red mole pulled chicken, pacific beer battered fish AND a barbacoa taquito (rolled taco).

This place appears to be as serious about tacos as I am. Everything that is not a taco is labeled on their menu as "Not Tacos, But Still Tasty".

It took FOREVER to get our food after ordering. If we had knows that it would take 20ish minutes to acquire tacos, we would have ordered the chips and queso.

I started with the Chicken Achiote was yummy but not delicious. I did enjoy the cactus salsa verde which had large chunks of pineapple.

Next came the  Pork Carnitas and it was just not amazing. There was a lack of flavor and overall, it was just underwhelming. Not sure what could be done to make it better but I likely won't order it again.

A change of pace came with the Beer Battered Fish and it had great flavor. Nice crispy crust but very tender. Chipotle pineapple crema stuff was amazing.

The Red Mole Pulled Chicken was amazing. Super tender. And the queso cojita added some awesome flavor. I didn't care for the pink onion all over it but that was easy to remove. I don't have any idea what a red mole is but whatever it is, I like it.

The steak carne asada was just OK. Nothing more, nothing less. The meat was tender but there was something about it that just didn't fit well.

I was looking forward to the taquito. I shouldn't have been. It wasn't bad but it was a LONG way from what I was hoping. The flavor was lacking and it just didn't do anything for me.

As much as I want to say that I would not return, I likely will wind up coming back. Not sure why but it will likely happen.

I spent $20 but I'm not completely full. I'm going to have to get a doughnut on the way home. Next time I come though I will only order the beer battered fish taco and the red mole pulled pork taco.

I am actually surprised and disappointed that I did not like District Taqueria as much as I had hoped.

Service- 🌮🌮🌮
Quality of food- 🌮🌮🌮
Amount of meat inside each taco- 🌮🌮🌮🌮
Overall value- 🌮🌮
Overall experience- 🌮🌮🌮


No comments:

Post a Comment