Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Oh boy...

Today's Taco Tour was a bit of a cluster. We decided to go to Chiquita's Corner at 11th and Bitting but apparently Tacos are not a thing in Riverside until after 2.

We decided that Molinos on N Waco was close so we would hit them instead. We arrived and were immediately seated.

I ordered steak, shrimp, carnitas, conchita pibil and discada tacos. I really have no idea what the last two are but our waitress told me they were good.

They had one Taco listed as chicharron which is pig foreskin. I didn't order that...but Shon did.

The chips and salsa are delicious. Our waitress brought our 5 different kinds of salsa ranging from a super delicious mild all the way to habanero. I was a little congested so the habanero worked wonders.

It took longer than expected for our tacos to arrive. Thank goodness for these chips and salsa otherwise I may starve to death.

The Tacos all came out in little bitty taco holders to make sure your fixins don't fall out.

Here is my taco breakdown, in the order I ate them:

The steak taco was super tender and had a nice flavor to it. This is probably the best steak taco I have had yet. Even after making that statement, I added some of the delicious salsa to the taco and the flavored meshed extremely well. Very satisfying taco.

The chicken taco had some awesome seasoning on it and was quite delicious. Again, I added the salsa and BAM! Made it even better than before.

Discada appears to be chorizo, bacon and sausage. A seemingly random assortment inside tacos is DELICIOUS! Tons of different flavors that balance out each other perfectly.

The carnitas was tender and one of the better carnitas tacos I have had but somewhat disappointing after the others I just experienced.

As for the shrimp taco, it is grilled shrimp, in a taco. You can't mess this up. And they didn't. The shrimp had great flavor, there were probably 6 shrimp in my taco and I enjoyed each and every one of them.

I am super happy Chiquita wasn't open as Molinos is AWESOME! The tacos are delicious, the price was reasonable, the chips were amazing.

I will certainly return as Molinos is currently sitting at the top of my Taco Tour ratings. We shall see how long they hang there as Poncho at Felipe's has promised to throw down his best work soon!

Service- 🌮🌮🌮🌮
Quality of food- 🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮
Amount of meat on each taco- 🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮
Chips and salsa- 🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮
Overall value- 🌮🌮🌮🌮
Overall experience- 🌮🌮🌮🌮

No comments:

Post a Comment