Search This Blog

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Shon's Take - Taco Tour Stop#18 - Taco Pronto at Central and Ridge

Well, after the run of unintentionally mediocre tacos at our last couple of stops, (Ruben's, Los Cocos) Turd 1 and Turd 2 decided they wanted to hit a fast food joint. I'm guessing for some intentionally mediocre tacos. So, we settled on Taco Pronto at Central and Ridge.


When we arrived at TP's I was pleasantly surprised with the restaurant's first impression: it's not a high dollar place by any means, but as far as fast food taco joints go, this wasn't so bad. Nice, clean, and with actual décor on the walls. So a definite step up from Taco Shop (Travis' favorite, for some reason) or Taco Rio. I was hopeful their tacos would be an equivalent step up as well. After placing my order at the counter, my food came out fairly quick. Most of the standard fare was available: soft and corn shells, ground beef, chicken, and pork. They did have a couple of different items, which I of course went for immediately - a Taco Deluxe, and a Combo Taco. So I ordered both of those, a beef corn taco, and a beef fried flour taco.


The corn and flour tacos were pretty standard fast food tacos. Ground beef, lettuce, tomato, and cheese. But I feel like I got more meat than I normally do at Taco Shop which is a huge plus. Only minus is that the fried flour crumbled pretty quick. Not sure how Taco Shop does it, but they seem to be the only fried flour taco in town that doesn't just crumble immediately. Next was the Taco Deluxe - an extra long taco with the standard ingredients, plus some sour cream and a few olives to top it off. Again, a decent fast food taco. Enjoyed the extra ingredients and it was well put together with plenty of seasoned ground beef. Last was the Combo Taco which was a standard corn shell beef taco plastered into a soft flour shell with some beans. I actually liked this taco because it was a decent filler for the price. If you don't like beans, you won't like this one. But I don't mind them and their beans were actually pretty good, so for me, it gets a decent mark.


So, if you're looking for fast, cheap, tacos this is the best of the mediocre lot in my opinion. If I had TP's, TS, and TR all lined up, I wouldn't hesitate to go to Taco Pronto over the other two. My overall rankings on the 5 Taco Scale are below.


Food Quality - 3.0 Tacos
Price - $
Value - 4.0 Tacos
Cleanliness - 4.0 Tacos
Service - 3.0 Tacos
Overall Experience - 3.5 Tacos
Likelihood to Return - 4.5 Tacos

No comments:

Post a Comment