Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

They claim to have the best tacos in town, but do they?

Today's taco tour finds us at Pollo Express on West Pawnee. When I arrived, I found Travis had already devoured a basket of chips which tells me one thing, the chips and salsa are delicious. And they were. 

First glance on the menu shows a very holt statement, "Wichitas BEST Mexican taco". We shall see. 

The menu had ten different tacos on there.  I ordered half of their tacos. 

When the tacos arrived, there were a few observations made:

  1. No raw onions and light cilantro mean something different in English than they do in Spanish. 
  2. These tacos smell and look absolutely amazing. 
  3. This isn't some mamby pamby taco place like we went to last week. These are serious tacos with a lot of shell and a ton of meat. 
  4. Places that deliver bottles of red and green taco sauce tend to have fantastic tacos...and they delivered the bottles. 

I started with a transmission taco. She said it was some type of steak and it was amazing. There were a lot of perfectly grilled onions on the taco and the flavor was unbelievable. 

The al pastor was amazing. The meat was super tender and the flavor was fantastic.  

Next I went with the crunchy chicken taco. The flavor was ok but after I put the red sauce on it, BAM, it kicked it up a couple notches. 

The carne asada was good, definitely one of the better carne asada tacos. With that being said, after the transmission taco, I think I will skip this one next time. 

My last taco was the shredded beef in a fried corn shell. The shell was overcooked and beyond crunchy. The meat had potential. Next time I come, I will order this in the fried flour shell. 

Does this place have the best tacos in Wichita? Close. Very close. 

I will definitely return as the tacos are delicious, the price is very fair AND holy cow, I am stuffed!

Service- 🌮🌮🌮
Quality of food- 🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮
Amount of meat on each taco- 🌮🌮🌮🌮
Overall value- 🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮

Overall experience- 🌮🌮🌮🌮

No comments:

Post a Comment