Search This Blog

Friday, June 2, 2017

This place sucks. Don't go.

Shon suggested that we go to Ricardo's Mexican Food today for tacos. I had never heard of Ricardo's before so it was worth a shot. That's where this whole thing went sideways. 

I arrived on time...ish, ordered 4 tacos with the plan to order more if they were delicious. 

About 5 minutes after ordering, my tacos arrived. 

Before I even took my first bite, I noticed that these tacos are TINY! These shells are maybe 3" across. There is only about 2 bites per taco. It is pretty disappointing 

I started with the fish taco. It tastes and looks like someone deep fat fried an already fried fish stick and tossed it on a tiny tortilla. Pretty blah for a fish taco. 

Next was the adobada taco. It was pretty mediocre. Kind of hard to screw up a pork taco, but they sure didn't do a great job with this one. 

The carnitas was one huge chunk of meat on a tiny tortilla. No flavor, no cheese, just a big chunk of dried out pork. 

The carne asada taco was the best of the bunch, but that doesn't mean anything. It was dry and bland. Some of the meat was actually almost crunchy. 

In short, I am out. There is a reason I have never heard of this place before. 

Service- 🌮🌮
Quality of food- 🌮
Amount of meat on each taco- 🌮🌮🌮
Overall value- 🌮

Overall experience- 🌮

No comments:

Post a Comment