Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Shon's Take - Taco Tour Stop #31 - Taco Fajita - 1004 S Meridian

Let me start by saying "Thank you" to everyone for the recommendations and in particular to whoever recommended this one. Our readers have given us some pretty good places, so please keep it up. We're always looking for more. So.... what's the deal with Taco Fajita? Strange name. Good Food. What else is there to say? Tour stop #31 brings us to a little hole in the wall that I, personally, had never even noticed before: Taco Fajita, at Kellogg and Meridian.


When I pulled up, I actually had a good vibe about this place. Your typical hole in the wall joint for sure. When I got there right around noon, there was already a line at the counter and several tables of people waiting for their food. My tour mates had already ordered, so I went ahead and got in line. FYI the tacos here are only a buck. But.... they're also a little on the small size. But for a dollar, that would still be fine, if they're tasty. So since I pretty much assumed I was getting smaller bites, I went ahead and ordered one of each type of meat: asada, chorizo, Al Pastor, Pollo, Suadero, and Choriqueso.


This is where it got frustrating..... the wait was painful. Seriously. That said, I did hear someone remarking that they hadn't seen this many people in there before, so maybe, MAYBE, they just got unexpectedly overrun. But still.... it took well over 30 minutes to get my food. But when I did? They looked and tasted awesome. Thankfully. Because if not, it might've gotten ugly. All of the meat seemed to have the same type of seasoning which was fine, because it was really pretty good. And even though they were dollar tacos, I thought they were still pretty meaty for the price. All of the tacos came with standard street dress: cilantro, raw onion, and a couple of different salsas. Again, you can't go wrong here, although I did like the chorizo and the asada a little more. As I mentioned last week, a good chorizo seems hard to find, but this place definitely had one of the better ones.


Still, despite the wait, I'd highly recommend it. We hung out and chatted for a bit before we each ordered a second round of tacos and (thankfully) that next round came out in a reasonable time. So, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for a return trip (but not for this current review). Even though we had to order round two, I still had a very tasty lunch for 10.00 plus tax. My overall ratings on the 5-Taco Scale are below.


Food Quality - 4.0 Tacos
Price - $
Value - 4.0 Tacos
Cleanliness - 2.5 Tacos
Service - 1.5 Tacos
Overall Experience - 3.5 Tacos. I docked 'em a half taco for the wait, but I'm already looking forward to the next trip.
Likelihood to return - 5.0 Tacos

No comments:

Post a Comment