Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Travis - Taco Tour stop #29 - Rostizeria Los Reyes - 512 W 21st St

So on our continued quest to explore tacos in Wichita (and the surrounding area), we ventured to Rostizeria Los Reyes.  I don't remember who's recommendation this was but it seems like it had some decent reviews.  They also have a Mexican lunch buffet - which normally would seem like a good sign.  However, upon entering "RLR" and sitting down with Chris, we both noticed that we were literally the only ones in the restaurant.  This was during the week and right at the lunch hour.  I take it as a bad sign if you have a buffet and no one is there...

We almost decided to leave, but hey we're here so let's stick it out.  Besides that, Shon was 20 min late (as usual).  So Chris and I decided to only go with 2 tacos first and see how it went.  I ordered a carnitas and an al pastor taco.

I'm 2 weeks behind in writing this and honestly it's because I just didn't feel motivated to share the experience because the effort to do so is about as worthwhile as a visit to RLR.  The tacos arrived but they had sides (and were not supposed to).  So she took them back and replated them and brought them again.



Carnitas first - it had good flavor but was a little chewy and some fatty parts.  It wasn't bad and there was enough meat to be acceptable.  Beyond that, not much to say.


The al pastor I didn't like.  I can't quite figure out what it was, but it just had a different flavor.  It was heavy on the red sauce - so others might like it.  I don't think it tasted bad, it just wasn't a taste that I liked.  I finished it but I wouldn't get it again.

The chips and salsa were good.  We ate, left, and decided to hit Las Mananitas for $1 tacos since we were left feeling unsatisfied.  This is only my second visit here, but they are quality tacos - and for $1 on Wednesdays, they are well worth the trip.  Excellent food, good service, I will continue to recommend them if you're on the north side looking for tacos!

As for RLR - meh.  Don't bother.  Honestly something is up there and I don't know what. There was one other group of guys that finally showed up, but clearly there is an issue if you're on a main street and have a lunch buffet that no one eats at.  Thankfully we did survive and enjoyed our time at Las Mananitas instead.

Out of 5 tacos, here are my ratings:

Food Taste:
Value:
Cleanliness:
Service:
Overall:
Likelihood to return:

No comments:

Post a Comment