Search This Blog

Monday, September 25, 2017

La Hacienda

Today we went to La Hacienda in Derby. Located right on K15, they are easy to find. 

Their menu has entirely too many options and the tacos are scattered all over the place. Some here, some there but not just a page listing what they have. I finally went with 4 tacos. 

Before I dive into the first taco, I notice that each of the tacos are filled with meat. And I mean full. So we are starting on a positive not. 

I started with the Pork taco. It was nice and tender but had little flavor. 

The chicken taco had an interesting flavor. Note that I said interesting, not good, not bad...just interesting. With lime and some salsa, it was almost yummy. 

I tried the ground beef taco next and the best word to describe it is drippy. Tons of grease leaking everywhere. 

The steak taco was alright. There was nothing special about it. The flavor was just OK. The meat itself was tender but just lacking in overall deliciousness. 

The price was fair for a sit down restaurant, $11.14 for 4 tacos, before giving the tip. 


IF I was in Derby and IF I didn't want to drive to Wichita for better tacos, I would return. They weren't particularly bad but they weren't particularly good. Pretty average all the at around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment