Search This Blog

Friday, March 16, 2018

Fuzzy’s Fail

Today we are at Fuzzy’s Tacos. Yes, the one you have been hearing about for the better part of a year. For a place that uses the slogan “your new addiction” their tacos had better be darn good. 

I came to their soft opening/VIP thing last week for a sample. I didn’t review them as they weren’t officially open. 

Today’s question remains the same as always, how good are the tacos? These folks have built a ton of hype, but do they live up to it? 

When you walk in, you are met with an insanely large menu. I think I counted 11 different meats you can choose for your tacos. There is everything from steak and chicken to shrimp and egg. I went with 5 of their tacos and found a seat. 

While I understand that this is their first week, I stood in line for 25 minutes before they took my order. I also watched people that ordered after me get their food before I did. 

They give you a buzzer that indicates when your food is ready. Then, when it goes off, you head to the food handoff area where a gaggle or employees ask your name and give you your tacos. 

When I finally got my food, the first thing I noticed was that the portions were SIGNIFICANTLY smaller than they were last week. BAIT AND SWITCH!!!!!!

The chicken taco was cold and had very little meat. What is most disappointing is that the chicken taco actually seem to have some promise.

The shrimp egg and cheese taco was the only one with what I could call an acceptable amount of food on it. The egg and shrimp were delicious together. I have been wanting breakfast tacos close to work and this is actually pretty good. 

The fajita steak was chewy and cold. The meat was favorless and there just wasn’t much of it. 

The “special ground beef” taco was flavorful but again, there was hardly any meat on it. At least it was warm. 

The spicy pork with neither spicy nor full of pork. I busted the bits of shell off that didn’t have meat inside and there was more shell without meat than there was with. 

In short, the ONLY acceptable taco was the shrimp egg and cheese taco. The rest were cold, lacking meat or both. For the wait, price and experience, find somewhere else for a good round of tacos. 

I feel that as a whole, fuzzies is nothing more than hype. The tacos are a fail, the experience as a whole was is a fail. The only real win here is their marketing. They do have that down. 


I will return but ONLY for the breakfast tacos and only if they can figure out how to take orders in a reasonable amount of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment