Search This Blog

Friday, March 16, 2018

Giddy up like El Papa Gallo

Today, we find ourselves at El Papa Gallo Restaurant at 901 E Harry. These folks recently opened and we each had multiple Facebook followers tag us, wanting us to check them out. So here we are. 

Upon arriving, this place is small, there are only 6 tables inside. We are the first ones here for lunch but the place already has that delicious taco smell. As usual, Shon is late.

I reviewed their menu and ordered carnitas, al pastor, carne asada, barbacoa, and chicken tacos from their street taco menu. I was super hungry so I also ordered a crunchy chicken taco. Fortunately, they have my favorite drink with tacos, Pineapple Jarritos. 

I started with the crunchy chicken. It was amazing. Nice flavor, a little spice and a delicious, fresh, shell. 

The chicken street taco didn’t have quite the flavor of the crunchy taco but it was still pretty good. The meat was nice and tender 

The al pastor has a nice flavorful kick to it but the meat is a tad chewy. The steak was tender, lots of meat and nicely cooked. All of the tacos have a nice amount of meat on them. 

I just bit into my carnitas and UH OH. This thing is delicious. It tastes as though some midget angels came down from heaven and slaved over the carnitas for hours. Tender, juicy and fantastic are the only words to describe what I just devoured. Without question, this is the second best carnitas we have had, second only to Pollo Express. 

Finally, the desebrada taco. The meat was super tender, amazing and flavorful.


All in all, this place is pretty good. The service was pretty quick and friendly. They definitely have a strong suit and that is shredded meats on tacos. I will be back for more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment